Friday 4 May 2012

Evaluation Questions 2,3 and 4

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
The combination of the three products works very well together. At the very beginning of the project I chose my colour scheme of red, black and white through inspiration from Alfred Hitchcock, and kept this up throughout all of my products. For additional continuity I used the same fonts for each of them and kept the original logo for ‘Instinct’ that I had made on Photoshop. I repeated the tagline of ‘sometimes a mothers’ intuition just isn’t enough’ as this is memorable and accompanies the title of the film. It makes it memorable for a reader and also gives a little bit of an insight into the film and its storyline. I also made sure that the actress I used for the teaser trailer was the same as the one featured on the front cover of the magazine.
Looking back the only problem with this was that the actress wore different clothes for the tasks, however I believe I rectified this slightly by presenting her as an actress as opposed to just being the character from the film. I also think that the teddy bear from the poster could have been included somewhere in my teaser trailer or film magazine cover as it only appears once and could provide significant symbolism for the film.
Overall I think the main product and ancillary tasks work together well and have produced a package that could successfully promote a film.

What have you learned from your audience feedback?
Throughout this process I have relied on a lot of audience feedback for all of the tasks via email, Facebook, Slideshare and online surveys. I have learned that in order to produce a product that is well-received by the majority, it is very important to first listen to audience feedback to notify whether or not anything seems unclear or is less effective. The target audience for this project is aged fifteen and over and so I made sure that the majority of my audience feedback came from this age range as well as some from an older generation.
I used the feedback to alter my work however I found that in some cases there were divided opinions and so used either further research from a wider audience or used my own judgement in the hope of producing the best product possible.

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
I used a wide range of resources for my project. My blog was made using Blogger; I used YouTube to research existing film teaser trailers and to upload my own product; I found Slideshare very useful to incorporate my PowerPoint Presentations smoothly and easily into my blog; Prezi and MindManager allowed me organise my ideas and thoughts easily and present them in a professional way; for producing the ancillary tasks Microsoft Publisher  and Photoshop proved the most useful I could edit the images and form the tasks on there; piecing my film trailer together and editing was all done in Sony Vegas Pro; I used my own camera to film the teaser trailer; and I used emails, an online survey website and Facebook to get audience feedback.
Over the course of the project I feel that I have sufficiently used a wide range of media and my skills for all of these have developed significantly. I am now more aware of what software to use for certain tasks and am able to apply my knowledge as much as I can.