Thursday 19 April 2012

Sound

The sounds I wanted to use have to either be mae by myself or taken from royalty free msuci websites. As the software i have access to is limited and i am not quite familiar with its use, I chose to browse through different websites to find the sounds I wanted. I found that http://www.freesound.org/ was the most useful and this is where I got all of my sounds from. The babies cry was very straight forward to find however the main soundtrack to the trailer was more difficult. Using my mindmap I searched different key words such as 'eerie', 'nursery rhymes' and 'horror'.
I eventually came across the sound of a ropey music box which gave me chills and so decided to use this throughout my trailer. It wasn't quite long enough to accompany all of my footage so I looped it on the Sony Vegas Pro software and it finished at the right place. I slowed the song down a little to make it more creepy and feel that its connotation of being quite jolly juxtaposes the chilling atmosphere of the horror film.